THE ODD FISH

Photobucket
Item: The Odd Fish (120cmx35cm) Selling at USD$280.

An experimental piece of oil painting.

When I was a kid, I remebered clearly I was brought to this place that sell famous seafood in Hong Kong.There were fish tanks in that place with all kinds of fishes. As I was bored, my mum took me to take a look at the fishes. I remember clearly to this day still that one of them was very different from the rest and it was staring at me. Curious, I poked my little finger near the fish tank and it kind of responded back to me in it's own friendly way. It was considered a big fish and there was something very human to it which I could not explain still even now and as a kid, I smiled back to it and strangely it responded back to me once more.

Later as we went back to the dinner table, I realised it ended up as part of our dinner with it's head still there and eyes staring at me which made me felt really really terrible about it. I refused to eat it and I later felt sick as I saw it's eyes and fishhead slowly eaten off by the rest. When I was the leaving the place, I also saw one of the fishes being killed and it was moving in pain. In my heart, I secretly made a promise to try my best, not to harm them and I refused to eat most seafood. I know most people would find me very very odd. Most of them, find me stupid to feel that way. Perhaps I am. I don't know.

I am now mostly on a vegeterian diet with very occasional small portion of meat as advised by my dietitian but it was strangely, somewhere during that time, I realised that I have also developed a serious allegric reaction to most seafood.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are invited to write your comments as though you were addressing real live human beings face-to-face.

Not just respect, but sympathy for differing viewpoints is encouraged. However, on rare occasions, comments that violate this spirit will be deleted.

House of Mr. Bond will try to make an effort to respond to the comments on our blog. However, we will not take responsibility of comments on our blog, except those made by ourselves.

Other than that, have fun and good day to all.